A Pray-Care-Share Lifestyle
One of the main ministry tools we use at Transformation Jacksonville is Blesseveryhome.com. It provides resources to live a pray-care-share lifestyle, where believers first bless their neighbors through prayer, bless their neighbors through genuine care and acts of service, and THEN bless their neighbors through sharing the Gospel and through discipleship.
The comprehensive site tools on Blesseveryhome.com make it easy to pray for and build relationships with your neighbors by name, and you can even track your personal progress with each neighbor on a map in your private dashboard. It's free and confidential.
Using this link, you can sign up for Bless Every Home under the Transformation Jacksonville umbrella of believers.Sign Up
Blesseveryhome.com gives you the tools to become a Light for Christ in your neighborhood.
Your Posture to Pray, Care, Share: B.L.E.S.S.
B – Begin with prayer. Ask, “God, how do you want me to bless the people in this place?”
L – Listen. Don’t talk, but listen to people, their struggles, their pains, their victories.
E – Eat. This is not quick. Have a meal with people or a cup of coffee. It builds relationships.
S – Serve. If you listen with people and you eat with people, they will tell you how to love them and you’ll know how to serve them according to their needs.
S – Story. When the time is right, once we have built the trust to be heard, we can now share the story of how Jesus changed our own lives.
(Adopted from VergeNetwork.org)
Pray for them: B.L.E.S.S.
B – Body: Pray for good health, protection, and strength.
L – Labor: Pray for their work experience and their financial security.
E – Emotional: Pray for emotional health and a good quality of life: for joy, peace, hope.
S – Social: Pray for their relationships with their family and friends.
S – Spiritual: Pray for their salvation, that they will come to faith in Jesus Christ
(Adopted from Alvin VanderGriend, HarvestPrayer.com)
Break Down of Pray, Care, Share Lifestyle
(revised from Campus Crusade for Christ, International curriculum)
A. Prayer Overview
1. You pray regularly and faithfully for particular people and the needs that you know they may have, or that the Lord puts on your heart for them.
2. You run into them, (and opportunities will open up as you pray for them) you can explain to them that you are praying for them. Ask them what they would like to see God do for them and promise to pray for them in that direction.
3. You check back periodically to see how God is answering your prayers and to see if they have other prayer requests.
B. Care Overview
1. As you are praying for the people, you seek also to care for them and their families by doing various acts of kindness.
2. You might also do various things with them to help you develop a personal friendship.
3. You learn about them by asking appropriate questions about themselves.
C. Share Overview
1. As you continue your ministry of praying for people and caring for them by showing acts of kindness, they will begin to see God answering prayer and trust will develop.
2. They may ask you questions about God’s answers or about your faith.
3. You will easily share with others your personal story of faith in God.
4. You will share the Gospel in a simple, understandable way that may lead to a new life in Christ.
5. You will be the most logical person to now disciple them in their walk with the Lord!
A History of Blessing Every Home and Our Partnership
Jacksonville is the largest city geographically in North America. For years, Transformation Jacksonville has been primarily engaged with encouraging and enabling followers of Jesus throughout our great city to adopt streets and pray for their neighbors following a Luke 10 model. At one time those efforts produced a stack of 1,800 commitment cards representing nearly 15,000 streets to be adopted. Several attempts at creating a tool to capture these commitments for ongoing encouragement and connectedness were steps in the right direction, but not good enough.
A partnership with Chris Cooper and the Mapping Center for Evangelism yielded exactly what we were looking for. And Bless Every Home was designed with Jacksonville in mind. Bless Every Home is a terrific platform for believers all over the city and from every congregation to strategically work together to reach their neighbors and neighborhoods with the presence, power, promise, and people of God. Bless Every Home was too good of a tool to keep to ourselves.
It is now a national platform for believers all over America and it is being used extensively to reach this nation for Christ. But it is a home-grown tool designed with our city in mind. In fact, it was a Transformation Jacksonville board member who produced the original video to get out the original message of Bless Every Home. When you use this tool to live out a Pray-Care-Share lifestyle where you work, play, learn, and live, you are doing your part in working together to bring Transformation to Jacksonville.
By clicking on this link to sign up for Bless Every Home you will be included in under the Transformation Jacksonville umbrella of believers reaching their neighbors for Jesus.Sign Up